Head of the Value Chain – Process, Data Facilitation and Methodology Domain
Having built from the ground up her career as Transformation Consultant, and after 14 years as the Change Management Director at Bombardier. Merling is an expert in the integration and effectiveness of people, processes, and technology, with a Master’s in People Change Management, Leadership, and Continuous Improvement. She is able to innovate and lead multicultural, complex, global projects—such as mergers and acquisitions, global process and systems implementations, knowledge management, product life cycle management—successfully through incremental yet radical changes. Part of her success is related to the way she links the strategy of the organization with solid project and change strategies, as well as with plans for communications, engagement, sponsorship, coaching, education and training.
Merling led the creation of and fundraising for the Corporate Social Responsibility program “Passion for Flight” and “Passion from Within”, engaging local and global partners to nurture passion for aerospace, science, and technology.
Today the program is sponsored by Aero Montreal (ref. Aero Montréal 2014 annual report), and the Cosmodome, Laval is engaged to deploy the program to thousands kids per year in the province of Québec! For more information, read about the partnership here.
Merling teaches at McGill University, and she is also Board member of Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC), Board member of IScola, Member of the Montreal Chamber of Commerce, and member of Aero Montreal Future Workforce (HR) committee.
Some of her career accolades include:
- Local and global speaker – Immigrant Quebec, HEC – McGill – Project Management Institute (PMI) – Project World – UQAM and Prosci- global. (paper Surpassing the boundaries of project and change management.. becoming a key “solution integrator” for business success.
- Invited to be a guest speaker at the forum of Diversity and fight against discrimination, Quebec – Ministry of Immigration – December 2017
- Certified Prosci and Global Change Management facilitator APMG International
- Board member, Treasurer, of Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC), and IScola
- Member of the Montreal Chamber of Commerce and Aero Montreal Future workforce (HR) committee.
- Trilingual professional in English, Spanish & French with over 25 years of experience in business transformation, leadership, change management, education and training